Meeting Facilities at Sea
A ship is a unique venue for a corporate meeting, incentive trip, sales conference or board meeting. While you might
find that shipboard meeting planning involves some flexibility and “out of the box” thinking, that’s
just the sort of creativity a meeting at sea will inspire in your attendees. Here are some reasons why more meeting
planners are using ships for their meetings:
- Meeting space and standard AV equipment are typically included in the price of your cruise program, and
refreshment breaksare available for a minimal charge.
- A ship’s self-contained environment means less outside distractions, more networking opportunities and
greater meeting attendance and participation.
- New, larger ships are designed with meetings in mind, with flexible meeting rooms, lots of break-out space and
- State-of-the-art, fully dedicated conference centers can accommodate theatre-style, classroom-style, and
boardroom-style functions. Conference space is constructed to accommodate different meeting group sizes and
formats through the use of flexible walls.
- Most meeting rooms have wireless capability and include multimedia equipment such as projectors and sound
systems, as well as advanced lighting and video systems.
- Multi-purpose lounges are ideal for receptions, featuring built-in décor and sound systems plus
- Theatrical elements such as hydraulic lifts, rotating stages and sophisticated lighting equipment in
multi-tiered show lounges add dynamic impact to your presentations and award ceremonies.
- In addition to the main dining room, more intimate specialty restaurants provide great opportunities to host
private company dinners.
- Days at sea provide the perfect opportunity for meetings, break-out sessions and corporate brain-storming.
- Guests and spouses who are not attending meetings are free to enjoy the ship’s complimentary onboard
activities, dining venues, pool deck and sports facilities.
- A cruise offers multi-generational appeal and is a great choice for family programs. Ships offer programs and
special activities for kids at no extra cost – even teens can eat their fill. This saves you valuable time
For more information on cruise ship meeting facilities and a list of complimentary AV equipment, please refer to our
FUNCTION SPACE section.